Bäcker Görtz is a leading bakery chain in the Rhine-Neckar region in South-West Germany with a network of approximately 200 branches and a tailored product offering of baked goods and out-of-home meals
- Eating out-of-home is a consumer macro trend that will drive market growth for many years to come, and Bäcker Görtz is well-positioned to serve this need. Over the last decades, Bäcker Görtz has demonstrated strong growth by building a state-of-the-art production facility, highly automated planning and distribution capabilities and continuously extending its branch network.
- With the investment, FSN and Bäcker Görtz want to create a leading producer and retailer for both at-home and out-of-home food in the EUR 15 billion German bakery market.
- The investment in Bäcker Görtz is in line with FSN Capital’s approach to support founder-led businesses in their next stage of growth.
Main Transformation Initiatives
- Continue organic growth by expanding existing branch network within adjacent regions
- Accelerate growth via add-on acquisitions in large and fragmented German market
- Drive best practice operations and sustainability
FSN Ownership 72%
Sales 2021 EUR 140m
CEO Peter Görtz & Frank Görtz
Chairperson Dr. Werner Wolf
Pointperson Robin Mürer