FSN Capital ethos and values
FSN Capital Partners' Ethos
We are decent people making a decent return in a decent way.
- By decent people we mean that we are trustworthy individuals that behave with integrity.
- Making a decent return means generating alpha return i.e. risk adjusted return which is significantly higher than what our investors can achieve by investing in public market index funds.
- Generating this return in a decent way means that we operate according to the Internal Ethical Guidelines we have developed, that we implement similar ethical guidelines in our portfolio companies and that we adhere to the UN Global Compact, UN Convention Against Corruption and the OECD Guidelines for Corporate Governance for Multinational Enterprises.
We believe there is plenty of money at the centre of the court. We see no need to play around the edges.
FSN Capital Partners Values
- The firm’s assets are our people, our investor franchise and our reputation. If any of these is ever diminished, the last is the most difficult to restore.
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of who we are. We maintain high ethical standards in everything we do and we take pride in living by these standards, both in our work for our firm and in our personal lives.
- Success is measured by the return to our investors. The return to our investors is our first priority, followed by the interests of the firm, and then ourselves.
- We strive to deliver trend shift through transforming our portfolio companies into better and more sustainable companies.
- In order to be the best firm, we seek to recruit, develop, empower and reward the best people. We believe in meritocracy.
- Teamwork and collaboration is the core of our modus operandi. We are a one firm team and believe that the team has greater impact than the sum of the impact of the individuals.
- We nurture a winning culture with a strong competitive and entrepreneurial team spirit and with individuals characterized by drive, creativity, commitment and dedication, working towards common goals.
- We take great pride in the professionalism, quality and timeliness of our work. We have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence in everything we undertake and believe in individual accountability and responsibility.
- We always face up to the brutal facts and tell the truth as we see it, with direct communication, within our firm, in our portfolio companies and to our investors. We pride ourselves in our ability to avoid “group thinking” and promote and process intellectual dissent. We always treat each other, portfolio company organizations and other stakeholders with respect.
- We thrive on positive dissatisfaction and always search for and seize the opportunity to grow and improve our investments, our firm, each other and ourselves.
- We are determined to secure the longevity of our firm.